Mountain Biking in Chamonix and Les Houches
Secure bike storageThe chalet has secure bike storage, plus a hose you can use to wash your bike down.
Mountain Bike Trails nearby for all abilities
The chalet is perfectly located for mountain bikers, right on the road down from the mountain bike trails in Les Houches.
Les Houches is very well equipped for downhill mountain biking, with a number of excellent trails of varying technical ability.
These trails are easily accessible via the Prarion lift just down the hill from the chalet.
You simply put your bike in the lift, and take an easy cable car ride to the top of the mountain.
Likewise, there are many routes available in Chamonix Valley
- Bois du Bouchet - which is nice and flat for children and the inexperienced
- Petit Balcon Nord
- Petit Balcon Sud
- Les Mottets
- Plan Praz to Chamonix - for advanced riders
- La Flégère to Les Praz - for advanced riders
- Lognan to Argentière - for the insane
You can download a map of the Chamonix mountain bike trails .
There are a number of shops in Les Houches and Chamonix where you can hire mountain bikes and equipment.
If you are a beginner :
You can hire mountain bikes in Les Houches:
- just down the road at Balmat Sports, opposite the Prarion lift stations
- past the Bellevue lift station at Cyprien Sports
If you are an expert :
We thoroughly recommend Zero-G in Chamonix, which will equip you with the best lift-approved downhill bikes and body armour, including full-face helmet, back protector and kneeguards.