Escape to the French Alps to write your 2018 NaNoWriMo novel
Imagine a land with soaring snow-capped mountains, mystical glaciers, frozen lakes, and deep lush valleys.
Imagine a chalet in the twilight on a snowy hillside, heated by the warmth of an open log fire.
Now imagine yourself, sat in the middle of it, writing your NaNoWriMo novel on your laptop.
Around you, also seated at the round oak table are other NaNoWriMo writers quietly and intensely creating their own novels.
Your writing time preciously guarded.
Your normal distractions hundreds of miles away.
Your free time spent walking in the mountains for inspiration, or relaxing at night in the hot bubbling jacuzzi under a starlit sky.
Even your meals are fully prepared for you.
So, all you have to do for 30 days is think, relax and write….
About the NaNoWriMo Retreat
We are not offering guidance, writing coaching or instruction.
Instead, we are merely creating a writing dedicated environment for you to get away from your normal life, to concentrate solely on completing your NaNoWriMo novel away from normal distractions.
Rules: no critiquing, respect for other guests (eg. phones on silent mode in communal areas during writing hours).
Our offer includes:
- Continental style breakfast every morning
- Light lunches every day
- 2 course evening dinner with limited wine/beer on 5 nights per week
- 3 course evening dinner on Sundays with wine/beer
- Chefs have one night off per week, typically Friday
- Unlimited coffee / tea / healthy snacks during writing hours
- Wifi options include: fully available / outside writing hours only / available on request
Accommodation is provided from Wednesday 31st October 2018 to Thursday 1st December 2018
About UsMaison Jaune is a five bedroom chalet with spectacular mountain views that is located in a quiet location above the village of Les Houches at the entrance to the Chamonix valley, just over an hour drive from Geneva airport.
Facilities include hot tub, sauna, wifi throughout, underfloor heating, and an open log fire.
Price for the Retreat
Price includes: Geneva airport transfers, accommodation for 31 nights and food (Breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Price does not include: flights, travel insurance, meals on chef nights off, personal snacks or beverages.
£1,997 single person - shared occupancy in a twin room
£2,497 single person - private room
£2,697 two people (either double/twin beds)
Please email email@example.com to express an interest and apply…
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that no refunds will be given for beds not slept in, meals not taken, or leaving early.
- Breakfast will be served from 8:15 am to 9:00 am
- Morning writing hours in the communal area are from 9:15 to 12:15
- The communal lounge has a large oak table and sofas. Electrical sockets (either UK or EU are available)
- Lunch is served 12:30 to 13:00
- Afternoon writing hours are from 13:15 through to 19:00
- Dinner is from 19:30 to 20:30
There may be the possibility of skiing on the last weekend of November, but this will depend upon the weather, so consider it unlikely - besides you will be here to write!
November can be quite a dreary month - the leaves have dropped. Very few of the cable cars in the Chamonix valley will be open. Some days the air is fairly mild but dank. It can be wet on occasion. Other days will be crisp and cold with the smell of logfires burning in the air. Normally, November gets its first fall of snow towards the latter part of the month, and lets us know that Winter is arriving in the French Alps....